Thursday 25 June 2015


Strawberry Parfait and a Handshake

Afternoon all,
I thought I’d share a little something I found online today. Now I’m not normally one to get caught up in reading celeb news or flashy adverts or articles on how to look 10 years younger with one store cupboard ingredient until….
Whilst searching online for something completely unrelated, I stumbled across the National Calendar of Days which informed me that, amongst other things, today is National Handshake day.

The National Handshake Day takes place on the last Thursday of June every year.  The tradition of handshaking goes way back:  “Archaeological ruins and ancient texts show that handshaking was practiced in ancient Greece as far back as the 5th century BC”.
So, I started thinking about handshakes and greetings in genera l- every day we greet children with a friendly smile, a good morning or a cheery ‘how are you?’, all part of The St Jude’s vision and value of Love?’ but I’ve never greeted them with a handshake.  So next week, that’s exactly what I’m going to do.

Now it turns out today isn’t just promoting the ‘good old fashioned handshake’ but something altogether more delicious! The Strawberry Parfait. Now I spotted some year 2’s tasting their home grown strawberries yesterday - I wonder if they’ve saved any?

No comments:

Post a Comment