Wednesday 17 June 2015


What a Character!

Yesterday I was scouring the BBC News pages - as teachers often do - and I came across an article posted on the 5th June about “Instilling Good Character”. This was the first time I’d seen the article and for a few seconds I wondered how I’d missed it.
With the new vision statement now proudly displayed around school and our four values ringing through the corridors - it seemed like something I should have seen sooner. Though while slightly annoyed at my lateness in finding this, it felt great to know that we are using our values and vison to instil good character in everyone that’s part of the St Jude’s family.
These values don’t just sit on the surface of St Jude’s but permeate fully through the school life. They are used in learning time, free time, play time. They support our behaviour management strategies, lesson planning and opportunity giving. We expect to see these demonstrated by staff, governors and families because we genuinely believe in them being a great foundation for life and a super platform for character building.
So a huge well done to everyone who wears the St Jude’s badge proudly, you are amazing individuals and we are ALL so proud of the characters you are.

Izzy Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment